Chaplain: Revd. Gary Chng
Captain: Ps. Daren Hoon
The 7th BB Company (St. Andrew’s Secondary School)
The History of 7th Coy
Established in 1937 at St Andrew’s School (which was then located at Stamford Road) with just ten boys, the 7th BB Singapore Company was officially registered in 1939, thanks to the efforts of its founder, Mr. George Ee, and Chaplain, Rev A.C. Dumper. Among the seven BB companies formed before World War II, the 7th BB Company was the last, and today, only the 5th and 7th BB Companies retain their original numbers. The company gained recognition in the Singapore Battalion for its exceptional performance in soccer, drill, and the Company brass band during its early years.
In 1942, the Japanese occupation halted parades and BB activities, which resumed in 1946 under the leadership of Captain Mr. Chong Hock Hai, with 46 boys. Notably, several distinguished individuals hail from the ranks of the 7th BB Company, including the architect Mr. Lim Leong Geok, renowned eye surgeon Professor Arthur Lim, artist Dr. Earl Lu, and educationist Mr. Harry Tan, who also served as the Principal of St. Andrew’s Secondary School. Furthermore, former members of the 7th BB Company assisted in founding other companies, such as the 4th, 21st, and 87th BB Companies. The Chapel of The Holy Spirit sponsors the 7th BB Company and provides chaplaincy services for St. Andrew’s Secondary School.