To be a member of the Chapel of The Holy Spirit (CHS) is to be a part of the big Anglican family in Singapore. There are currently 27 Anglican parishes in Singapore and 3 parishes in Indonesia.
A baptised and confirmed member of CHS has:
- * Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting.
- * You will also be given an opportunity to be a part of the decision-making body of the Church if you are elected onto the Parochial Church Council (PCC).
- * Access to the pastoral team for their help and counsel.
- * Access to the Church facilities, such as the Sanctuary for weddings, etc.
How does one become a member of the CHS?
You will have to be baptised and confirmed before you can be considered for membership. So, if you have received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, and would like to be a member of CHS, do approach any of the pastoral staff or contact the office during weekdays at Tel: 6289 6313 for information regarding the baptism and confirmation class which you will have to attend.
However if you are from another church and would like to transfer membership to CHS, the following are some procedures that you will have to follow:
- If you are from another Anglican Church,
- Fill in 2 copies of the yellow transfer form (obtainable either from CHS office or from your own church office),
- Hand in the completed form to your Church and your Church will effect the necessary transfer.
- If you are from another denomination,
- Write a letter to your pastor requesting for the transfer, and send a copy of the letter to the Vicar of CHS at the following address Vicar, Chapel of The Holy Spirit, 3, Sorby Adams Drive Singapore 357690.
- Upon receipt of this letter, we will send you the necessary forms to complete.
- On completion and return of the forms, the CHS office will then effect the necessary transfer.
Wakes & Funerals
- Please call the CHS office at Tel: 62896313 and you will be put in touch with the relevant pastoral staff who will guide you on the funeral arrangements.
- In case of an emergency when the CHS office is closed, you may contact the CHS’ emergency number at Tel: 6289 6313.
- The CHS pastoral staff may assist you in contacting a casket company and look into the following matters:
- date & time of cremation or burial for the deceased
- pastoral staff conducting the evening wake services & funeral service
- Generally, the other details will be advised by the casket company.
- Approach the pastoral staff of the congregation that you belong to.
- You may also contact the CHS office at Tel: 6289 6313 for assistance.
- For housebound and hospitalisation visitations, either inform the congregational pastoral staff or contact the CHS office at Tel: 6289 6313.
What do you do if you have a problem?
- Pray (Jeremiah 33:3; Philippians 4:6)
- Read the Word of God (Psalm 119:105)
- Contact your Christian friends (Romans 1:12)
- Call the Church during office hours at Tel: 6289 6313 and ask for any pastoral staff.
Guidelines for Carparking on St Andrew’s Junior College Carpark
- All CHS members who drive their cars to park at SAJC carpark during services or attending official functions are to have a valid CHS Carpark label which must be prominently displayed on their car windscreen.
- To apply for a CHS carpark label please contact the church office at
6289 6313 and fill in the prescribed form available at the office.
- CHS or SAJC cannot be responsible for your vehicle parked in the carpark.
For further enquiries, please contact the Church office during the weekdays at Tel: 6289 6313 or Fax: 62892425.